Hormone Balance Test New Improved
Our Shopping Cart Is:
Bella Mira Essential Oil: Fractionated Coconut Oil
Country Of Origin: Malaysia/ Holland Refined
Certification: Wild Not From Copra, Direct Micro Expelled
Classification: Cocos nucifera
Other Names: Coconut Butter, MCT, MCT Coconut Oil, Medium Chain Fatty Acids
What is Fractionated Coconut Oil?
We get asked this question on almost a daily basis. Many people are familiar with whole coconut oil which is a solid a room temperature but do not have experience with Fractionated or Light Coconut oil. But if you haven't tried it you are missing out on a truly great product carrier (fixed) oil product.
"Fractionated coconut oil" is a fraction of the
whole oil, in which most of the long-chain triglycerides are removed so that
only saturated fats remain. It may also referred to as "caprylic/capric
triglyceride" or medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil because mostly the
medium-chain triglycerides caprylic and capric acid are left in the oil.
All carrier oils consist of a class of molecules called fatty acid triglycerides which means they contain three, long-chain fatty ester groups. Most all plant derived carrier oils consist entirely of what are called "unsaturated" fatty acid triglycerides which means they have one or more carbon-carbon double bonds in their long fatty ester side chains which are typically 16 to 20+ carbon units long. The double bonds in these side chains are susceptible to oxidation over time and their reactions with oxygen are what produce the rancid odor that you may have noticed in your carrier oils when they get a few months old. Whole coconut oil also has some quite long unsaturated fatty acid triglycerides (which is why it is a solid at room temperature). But the coconut oil is special in that it has a relatively high percentage of shorter length (C8, C10 ), completely saturated (no double bonds) triglycerides. Theses smaller fatty acid triglycerides are separated from the whole coconut oil to give us what is known as "Fractionated Coconut Oil." The separation process is non-chemical and involves a simple physical separation process so there are no chemical residues to worry about.
There are many advantages to Fractionated Coconut Oil including the following:
1. Liquid down to very low temperatures.
2. Because its has no double bonds, there are no sites for oxidation and thus never goes rancid. The oil has essentially an infinite shelf life.
3. Because its consists completely of saturated fatty acid side chains its more like animal fat and absorbs more readily into the skin making it ideal for massage therapy.
4. Washes out of your massage table sheets very easily with no staining.
5. An ideal product for natural perfumers who don't want to use alcohol as a carrier. Because its the lightest of all the carrier oils, it will spray through a pump sprayer with ease. This is also makes it handy for massage therapists as they can spray on their massage blends with ease.
6. Leaves your skin feeling silky smooth without that greasy feeling.
7.. Completely soluble with all essential oils and compatible with soaps.
8. Great for use as a single carrier or in combination with other, more expensive carrier oils to get the cost down and to improve the shelf life of the final product.
9. Fractionated Coconut Oil is colorless, odorless and Kosher/Food Grade.
The majority of refiners extract coconut oil from copra (the dried meat, or kernel, of the coconut). Coconut oil constitutes seven percent of the total export income of the Philippines, the world's largest exporter of the product.
Types of oil available
Coconut oil is a fat consisting of about 90%
saturated fat. The oil contains predominantly medium chain triglycerides, with
roughly 92% saturated fatty acids, 6% monounsaturated fatty acids, and 2%
polyunsaturated fatty acids. Of the saturated fatty acids, coconut oil is
primarily 44.6% lauric acid, 16.8% myristic acid , 8.2% palmitic acid and 8%
caprylic acid. Although it contains seven different saturated fatty acids in
total, its only monounsaturated fatty acid is oleic acid while its only
polyunsaturated fatty acid is linoleic acid.
Cosmetics and skin
8 oz Our Price $36.00
1 Gallon Size $180.00